CARSON CITY, NV – May 04, 2022
Ahead of fire season, Nevada Governor Steve Sisolak will convene Nevada’s annual Wildland Fire Briefing alongside dozens of local, state, and federal wildfire response and natural resource officials this Thursday in Carson City to discuss:
- the outlook for the upcoming wildfire season,
- coordinated wildland fire and emergency response strategies,
- multi-agency partnerships focused on creating fire-resilient landscapes and fire-adapted communities, and
- opportunities to further reduce wildfire risk statewide.
The Wildland Fire briefing will include opening remarks from the Governor, followed by presentations from:
- Ryan Shane, Nevada Division of Forestry
- Michael Peyerl, Nevada National Guard
- Paul Peterson, US Bureau of Land Management
- Bill Dunkelberger, US Forest Service
- Dave Cochran, Nevada Fire Chiefs Association
There will be brief media availability with the Governor and other representatives after the presentations. Press who plan to attend must RSVP to email@example.com by Wednesday, May 4 at 5 p.m. for more details.