LAS VEGAS, NV – June 07, 2021
Nevada Governor Steve Sisolak will hold two bill signing ceremonies today, open to members of the media to cover. Details of the ceremonies are below.
Press are asked to RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
9:00 a.m.: Fay Herron Elementary School, 2421 N Kenneth Rd, North Las Vegas, NV 89030.
- Gov. Sisolak will sign into law various legislation that impacts K-12 education, including a ceremonial signing for Assembly Bill 495 and signings for Senate Bill 173, Senate Bill 249, and Senate Bill 450.
- Gov. Sisolak will be joined by State Superintendent of Public Instruction Jhone Ebert, Clark County School District Superintendent Dr. Jesus Jara and other stakeholders.
- Sponsors of the legislation will be in attendance including: Assembly Speaker Jason Frierson, Majority Leader Nicole Cannizzaro and Senator Marilyn Dondero Loop. Expected attendees also include other Legislators and advocates.
2:00 p.m.: Shanghai Plaza, 4284 Spring Mountain Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89102
- Gov. Sisolak will sign into law various legislation that promote Nevada’s diverse communities, including Senate Bill 222 and Senate Bill 318.
- Gov. Sisolak will be joined by representatives from the Nevada Office of Minority Health and Equity, the Advisory Committee on Minority Health and Equity, the Nevada Office for New Americans, the Nevada Commission on Minority Affairs, the Asian Community Development Council and other community organizations.
- Sponsors of the legislation will be in attendance, including Senator Melanie Scheible (SB222) and Senator Fabian Donate (SB318).