LAS VEGAS, NV – June 10, 2021
Tomorrow, Nevada Governor Steve Sisolak will sign legislation from the 81st Legislative Session related to expanding access to elections and supporting Nevada’s diverse immigrant community. The events will be open to members of the media to cover and details are below.
Media is asked to RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10:30 a.m.: Accessible & Secure Elections Legislation, East Las Vegas Community Center, 250 N Eastern Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89101
- Gov. Sisolak will sign into law various legislation including ceremonial signings for Assembly Bill 121 and Assembly Bill 321, and signings for Assembly Bill 126, Assembly Bill 422, and Assembly Bill 432.
- Sponsors of the legislation, advocates, and community organizations will be in attendance, including Assemblywoman Lesley Cohen (AB121), Speaker Jason Frierson (AB321 and AB126). AB422 and AB432 were sponsored by the Assembly Committee on Legislative Operations and Elections.
11:45 a.m: Immigrant Heritage Month Bill Signing Ceremony, Valley High School, 2839 Burnham Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89169
- Gov. Sisolak will sign into law various legislation including Assembly Bill 376 and a ceremonial signing for Assembly Bill 195.
- Sponsors of the legislation, advocates, and community organizations will be in attendance, including Assemblywoman Selena Torres (AB376 and AB195).
- Governor Sisolak proclaimed June as Immigrant Heritage Month and will celebrate the contributions of Nevada’s immigrant community at this bill signing.
Other bills that are signed throughout the day will be shared through an end-of-day release or a live feed.