CARSON CITY, NV – June 03, 2021
Nevada Governor Steve Sisolak will hold two bill signing ceremonies on Friday, open to members of the media to cover. Details of the ceremonies are below.
Press are asked to RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
10:30 a.m.: Stewart Indian School campus, 5500 Snyder Avenue, Carson City
- Gov. Sisolak will sign into law various legislation that impacts Indian Country, including Assembly Bill 88, Assembly Bill 262 and Assembly Bill 270.
- Gov. Sisolak will be joined by members of the Nevada Indian Commission and tribal elders as he signs the bills into law.
- Sponsors of the legislation will be in attendance: Assemblyman P.K. O’Neill (AB270), Assemblyman Howard Watts (AB88), and Assemblywoman Natha Anderson (AB262).
- Stewart Indian School in Carson City was operated by the federal government from 1890 to 1980. Today, the school’s old administration building houses the Stewart Indian School Cultural Center and Museum, dedicated to telling the stories of the former students.
11:15 a.m.: Nevada National Guard Carson City Armory, 2460 Fairview Drive, Carson City
- Gov. Sisolak will sign into law various legislation that impact the Nevada National Guard, including Assembly Bill 156, Assembly Bill 485 and Senate Bill 440.
- Gov. Sisolak will be joined by Maj. Gen. Ondra Berry, Nevada Adjutant General and members of the Guard. The ceremony will be held in front of a Nevada Army National Guard UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter. SB440 was sponsored by the Office of the Governor and AB485 was sponsored on behalf of the Governor’s Finance Office.
- Assemblywoman Robin Titus, sponsor of AB156, will be in attendance.
- To access the facility, credentialed media must approach the gate with a government-issued ID (can be driver’s license).