Reno, NV - July 26, 2021
Nevada Governor Steve Sisolak will visit Tabu’s of Reno Barber Lounge on Tuesday at 10 a.m. The shop is the final recipient of the State’s small business grant program, which helped approximately 9,400 small businesses in the Silver State throughout the pandemic.
Press who wish to attend the shop visit must RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 9 a.m. Tuesday.
The Pandemic Emergency Technical Support (PETS) grant program launched in October using $20 million in federal Coronavirus relief funds and was aimed at providing more flexible grant money to small businesses, the program grew to more than $100 million in total funding, helping roughly 9,400 small businesses across the State.
A breakdown of grant awards from the program is below:
- Disadvantaged businesses, defined as women, Veteran, minority or disability-owned: 4,907 (52 percent)
- Bars and restaurants: 685 (7 percent)
- Chambers of commerce: 31 (0.3 percent)
- Non-profits: 657 (7 percent)
- Arts and culture: 276 (3 percent)
- Other businesses: 2832 (30 percent)