CARSON CITY, Nevada – January 14, 2021
Today, Nevada Governor Steve Sisolak issued the following statement in response to President-elect Biden’s American Rescue Plan:
“Today, the President-elect announced a bold plan that will help restore the American economy and provide a much-needed safety net for hundreds of thousands of Nevada families.
This proposal not only provides a comprehensive strategy to fund vaccinations and contain COVID-19, but it will provide immediate economic relief to the hardest hit communities across our State.
After the last four years, we’re ready for real leadership and action in Washington. President-elect Biden is already showing that he’s ready to get to work on Day 1, so we can rebuild our economy and fight this virus together.
I look forward to joining him in that fight, so we can Nevadans back to work as soon as possible.”
- Direct payments of $1,400 to individuals
- An extension on unemployment insurance benefits and the Pandemic Unemployment Assistance program
- $20 billion to support a national vaccination plan
- $130 billion to help schools safely reopen
- $30 billion for rental and utility assistance and an additional $5 billion for homelessness prevention
- $35 billion for higher education institutions
- $40 billion in childcare assistance
- $15 billion to directly support small businesses impacted by COVID-19
- $350 billion in State and Local aid to help communities ensure that they can continue to deliver essential public services.