Carson City, NV - January 30, 2019
Today, Governor Steve Sisolak announced the final three members of the advisory panel tasked with preparing enabling language for a Cannabis Compliance Board for the Legislature’s consideration during the 80th session. These individuals join the four members previously announced last Friday.
advisory panel brings together Nevadans with a broad range of
experience and expertise to develop a critical component of our state’s
flourishing cannabis industry,” said Governor Sisolak. “I am
confident that this panel’s work will allow Nevada’s marijuana industry
to continue to thrive and set an example for cannabis compliance
The full panel consists of the following seven members:
- Chairman: J. Brin Gibson, General Counsel to Governor Steve Sisolak and the Office of the Governor and former
Chief, Gaming Division, Office of the Nevada Attorney General;
- Chris Giunchigliani, former member, Clark County Commission; former member, Nevada State Assembly; past president,
Clark County Education Association; and past president, Nevada State Education Association;
- Arlan D. Melendez, Chairman, Reno-Sparks Indian Colony;
- Professor Jennifer Roberts, Associate Director of the International Center for Gaming Regulation, UNLV;
- Assemblywoman Daniele Monroe-Moreno, AD-01;
- Senator Yvanna Cancela, SD-10;
- Dennis Neilander, former chairman of the Nevada State Gaming Control Board and current member of the Mining
Oversight and Accountability Commission.
advisory panel was established last week under Executive Order 2019-03.
Areas for the advisory panel to consider include a review of potential
banking solutions, the Department
of Taxation’s current regulatory structure and licensing procedures,
and potential cannabis consumption lounges, among others.