CARSON CITY, NV - July 13, 2012
Plans are in the works for a year-long celebration commemorating Nevada's 150th statehood anniversary on October 31, 2014. The public is invited to get involved and express their creativity by designing an event logo for the upcoming celebration to be used in all promotional and event efforts. The theme of Nevada's 150th anniversary will be "Battle Born-Nevada Proud," and all interested professional or amateur artists, designers and advertising and public relations agencies are invited to participate.
The planning committee, formed by Governor Brian Sandoval and under the Nevada Cultural Affairs Foundation, has started laying the foundation for how the State of Nevada will commemorate the special anniversary that kicks off on Nevada Day 2013 (October 31). Among its first priorities is to brand and create an identity for the year-round celebration.
The logo contest will be conducted through a request for proposals (RFP), available online at https://sites.google.com/site/Nevada150th, or by requesting a copy from planning committee member Lori Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org. All logo contest details, and terms and conditions are available in the RFP document.
“One of the committee's first goals was to make Nevada's 150th an all-inclusive state-wide celebration and what better way to demonstrate that philosophy than launching the logo contest and inviting all Nevada residents to participate and join in the fun,” said Bob Brown, co-chair of Nevada's 150th planning committee.
Requirements for participation include:
- The resident or company designing the logo must primarily reside in Nevada;
- Artwork must include the tagline "Battle Born - Nevada Proud";
- Artwork designed and submitted by the artist must be free of charge to the committee;
- Final artwork must be provided as print-ready for use in a JPG, EPS or Illustrator file. Hand drawn illustrations will not be considered;
- The logo needs to be showcased in the RFP in three different applications to show its versatility for the multitude of uses and needs and;
- The committee will fully own the logo and it will use it for a variety of purposes, including but not limited to collateral materials, websites, social media, a wide variety of merchandise and licensing and official State of Nevada materials.
Submissions are due by August 23, 2012 and will be judged by the planning committee. The winning logo will be unveiled at a to-be-determined Nevada Day celebration on October 31, 2012, one year in advance of the Nevada's 150th official kick-off. The winner will be publicly recognized throughout the course of the celebration by the committee as the creator of the official 150th anniversary logo.
Nevada's Sesquicentennial celebration is a non-profit entity formed to develop, fund, promote and host a series of exhibits and events designed to honor the heritage of the Silver State. To learn more about the celebration, please visit the temporary website at https://sites.google.com/site/Nevada150th.
Office of the Governor - 101 North Carson Street - Carson City, NV 89701 | (775) 684-5670
Grant Sawyer State Office Building . 555 East Washington, Suite 5100 . Las Vegas, NV 89101 | (702) 486-2500