CARSON CITY, NV - October 18, 2012
Governor Brian Sandoval and his Cabinet will visit schools across Nevada tomorrow, Friday, October 19th, to read to students in the first, second and third grades as part of the Administration’s ongoing effort to focus on education reform and reading proficiency. Participants in Cabinet Reading Day will read either “Tomas and the Ghost Town,” by Nevada author Mike Miller or “Pogonip Magic,” by Karen Collett Wilson, also a Nevada author.
For press in Northern Nevada, the Governor’s visit, as well as visits by Cabinet members Caleb Cage and Bruce Breslow are open to the press. The Governor will read to 2nd grade students at Diedrichsen Elementary School in Sparks at 11:30am; Department of Veterans Services Executive Director Caleb Cage will be reading to 2nd grade students at Veterans Memorial Elementary School in Reno at 9:30am; and Department of Motor Vehicles Director Bruce Breslow will be reading to 1st grade students at Lincoln Park Elementary School in Sparks at 9:45am.
For press in Southern Nevada, Governor’s Office of Economic Development Executive Director Steve Hill will be reading to 1st and 2nd grade students at Hewetson Elementary School in Las Vegas at 9am; Director of Public Safety Chris Perry will read to 2nd grade students at Craig Elementary School in Las Vegas at 1:15pm; and Department of Employment, Training & Rehabilitation Director Frank Woodbeck will read to 1st grade students at Kelly Elementary School in Las Vegas at 12:30pm. Each of these tours will be open to the press.
WHO: Governor Brian Sandoval and Cabinet Members
WHAT: Reading Tours
WHEN: FRIDAY, October 19, 2012 throughout the day
WHERE IN NORTHERN NEVADA:
- 11:30am: Governor Brian Sandoval - Diedrichsen Elementary School, 1735 Del Rosa Way, Sparks, NV 89434
- 9:30am: Executive Director, Department of Veterans Services, Caleb Cage - Veterans Memorial Elementary School, 1200 Locust St, Reno, NV 89502
- 9:45am: Director, Department of Motor Vehicles, Bruce Breslow - Lincoln Park Elementary School, 201 Lincoln Way, Sparks, NV 89431
WHERE IN SOUTHERN NEVADA:
- 9:00am: Executive Director, Governor’s Office of Economic Development, Steve Hill - Hewetson Elementary School, 701 N. 20th Street, Las Vegas, NV 89101
- 12:30pm: Director, Department of Employment, Training & Rehabilitation, Frank Woodbeck - Kelly Elementary School, 1900 N. J Street, Las Vegas, NV 89108
- 1:15pm: Director of Public Safety, Chris Perry - Craig Elementary School, 2637 E. Gowan Rd., Las Vegas, NV 89030
Governor Brian Sandoval, Nevada’s 30th Governor, focuses his administration on economic development, education and an open and responsible government. A member of the National Governors Association (NGA) and the Republican Governors Association, Sandoval is Vice-Chair of NGA’s Health and Homeland Security Committee and Chair-elect of the Education Commission of the States. For more information, visit gov.nv.gov.
Office of the Governor - 101 North Carson Street - Carson City, NV 89701 | (775) 684-5670
Grant Sawyer State Office Building . 555 East Washington, Suite 5100 . Las Vegas, NV 89101 | (702) 486-2500